Hands-On Ultrasound Training Courses for New and Current Nurse Sonographers, Located in Michigan
For the medical professional who is seeking to gain experience in ultrasound, has a desire to refresh existing skills, or a need to complete a competency evaluation, Unborn.Com is now offering your choice of 1-5 days of hands-on training in Michigan. On-site training is also available upon request. The updated Remote Didactic Program is available to meet your educational needs. Additional monthly webinars and zoom presentations to review specific subjects are available with a yearly membership.
Spring and Summer Courses
• 24 – 40 hours of hands-on training and 10 – 15 hours of online didactic instruction by skilled Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS’s). • Training is structured to meet budget, time, and needs. • Recorded on-line didactic training and YouTube videos allow medical personal to learn material on their own schedule. • Hands-on training available in Michigan for groups of 4-5 nurses with one month notice. • Small class sizes ensure students receive plenty of scan time of approximately 5-7 models per student each day. • Each student is given a review and competency exam at the conclusion of the training, to assess the individual’s knowledge and scanning skills. • Students will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Course, upon approval of the competency review. • Additional on-line support and review of scans available. • RDMS, Medical directors, volunteers and board members can attend any part of the training. • Monthly Webinars available for members. More information to follow.
- Review of Anatomy and Landmarks
- Image Optimization & System Instrumentation
- Transducer Orientation and Manipulation
- Review of Trans-vaginal Techniques
- 2nd Trimester Imaging Techniques
- Identification of Known and Unknown Structures
- Defining and Interpretation of the Ultrasound Report and Images
- What Determines the Viability of a Pregnancy?
- Clinical and Sonographic Signs and Appearance of Threatened Pregnancy Loss
- Signs of an Ectopic Pregnancy vs Early Gestation
- Review Policies, Procedures, Protocols and Paper Work
- Review Legal and Ethical Issues
- Communicating as Nurses with Love and Compassion
- >>> AND MORE!
- Lectures with PowerPoint presentation that include imbedded ultrasound clips
- You-tube videos of scan sessions and lectures
- Professional edited programs for Didactic Training
- Multiple “one-on-one” scanning sessions
- Digital Teaching Material
- Webinars and streaming videos available
- Monthly webinars available with yearly membership of $250
- To become a member, register HERE
Cost of Training
NEW 2023 Online Didactic Course: $549 per person. Pay upon on-line registration.
1 – 5 Day Hands-On Training Courses: $350/day per person, or at a discounted rate of $250/day, when purchased in conjunction with Unborn.com’s Online Didactic Course.
Pay and register online at: Training Course Registration – Shari Richard, or make checks payable to “Unborn.com” and send to: SHARI RICHARD, 6542 Lakeshore Road, Lake Port, MI 48059.
Information for Michigan Trainings:
AAA Pregnancy Resource Center: 32080 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI 48150.
Phone: (734) 425-8060
Spero Pregnancy Center: 1211 Griswold St, Port Huron, MI 48060.
Phone: (810) 985-4673
Accommodations: We recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites located just 1 mile away from AAA Pregnancy Resource Center. They are located at 27451 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI 48150. Phone number: (734) 744-9888. Breakfast buffet is available and there is a pool on-site.
Airport: Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is 30 minutes to the hotel and AAA Pregnancy Resource Centers. Transportation is not provided to and from the airport or hotel. We recommend Uber, Lyft, taxi or rental car.
Summer Weekend Retreats Following Course: All are welcome to come for relaxation and fellowship at Shari’s lake front home in Lake Port, MI. Her home can sleep up to 6 guests, or you may wish to stay in a hotel or cabin through VBRO. There will be no charge to participate in the retreat, but donations will kindly be accepted. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Submit your review
Shari did an excellent job at teaching and explaining how to perform limited OB ultrasounds. She taught and explained it in a way you could understand and that made sense. I was able to perform many ultrasounds with Shari assisting and teaching me every step of the way. She was very patient with me and upon completion of this training I felt more confident with scanning and I learned a great deal. I am very thankful to Shari for this excellent training!
Shari did a wonderful job with the training! I felt very prepared by the didactic portion before I came in for the hands on section. Shari was intentional about making sure that I understood the "why" behind everything we did. I also really appreciated her follow up after the course to give me feedback on my scans!
What are They Saying?
When asked what was your perception of the training, participants responded:
★★★★★ 5 stars
“Shari provided wonderful classes! She has a wealth of knowledge to share, and she does it in such a fun way! Her passion for ultrasound is contagious. Thank you Shari for everything!”
★★★★★ 5 stars
“I cannot overstate how important and helpful this training has been to me. I can look forward to going back to my center and doing limited ultrasounds with proficiency. Shari is the best!”
★★★★★ 5/5 stars
“Shari is very knowledgeable in ultrasound and has an effective way of training nurses to perform ultrasounds. Shari has such a wonderful heart and respect for the clients which we were able to see. I am so excited to take all that I have learned back to my home clinic”
★★★★★ 5/5 stars
“Shari was a wonderful, Godly instructor who truly has a passion for women and their unborn children. She and her assistants were kind, caring, patient and informative, and it was evident that she wanted each one of us to be successful with the skills that we were obtaining. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to train with Shari and be a part of her program.”
“Shari is positive and supportive through both the didactic and hands on training. It is amazing how operator dependent ultrasound procedures are but she inspires the confidence necessary for learning the procedures that were new to me.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed my limited OB sonogram training in Las Vegas and zoom classes. Shari and Robin were patient, knowledgeable, and informative. They are passionate about the unborn and carries this ministry to its highest potential. Thank you, Shari and Robin!”