Refresher Courses 2019
Logo Eye and filmstrip
SWI/Unborn.com has led the way educating Pregnancy Centers with ultrasound for over 25 years. (put in link of 25 year history)
2019 & 2020
Ultrasound Refresher Courses
InLas Vegas andMichigan .
Register Now- Class Size Limited
First Choice Pregnancy Services, Las Vegas
May 20-22 & May 22-24, 2019
For nurses who have completed andreceived a previous didactic and hands-on ultrasound training, SWI/Unborn.com is now offering quarterly refresher courses in Las Vegas and Michigan. Information regarding future courses will be announced.
As a new or experienced sonographerit is important to keep your skills up-to-date and reviewed by a qualified RDMS. The art of scanning requires cultivation and time to be perfectedAWHONN and SDMS require that one stays competent in their area of practice through continuing education. This 3-Day course is designed to improve image optimization, interpretation and scanning skills. The staff and associates are licensed skilled sonographers, medical professionals and educators trained in the Pregnancy Center setting. The course is compliant with the AWHONN, AGOG, SDMS, AIUM guidelines and recommended by the National Pregnancy Organizations of Care Net and Heartbeat.
- 20 hours of hands-on and didactic instruction by skilled RDMS’s
- Class kept small and limited to 4 students per system to assure plenty of one-on-one time.
- Class A & B combined on Wednesday morning for didactic review of abnormal cases and open discussion for questions and concerns.
- Class A & B combined Wednesday afternoon for discussion and ideas of educating and ministering to the client and support team using “The Love Approach.” There will be time for encouragement, fellowship, prayer and worship. Class A can dismiss from afternoon as needed for travel and commitments.
- Each student is given a competency exam at the conclusion of the training to asses the individual scanning skills.
- Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Course.
- Sonographers available for ongoing support and review of scans.
- Any RDMS who desires to work with a center or nurse can attend any part of the training at no cost. Instructions for PCC’s protocol and instruction will be provided to the RDMS.
- CEU’s are pending approval for future courses. Each student will receive be provided with free access to future on-line coursesat the time the CEU’s are approved.
- Review of Anatomy and Landmarks
- Image Optimization &System Instrumentation
- Transducer Orientation and Manipulation
- Review of Transvaginal Techniques
- 2nd Trimester Imaging Techniques
- Identification of Unknown Structures
- Defining and Interpretation of the Report and Image within your Scope.
- What Determines the Viability of the Pregnancy?
- Clinical and Sonographic Appearance of Threatened Pregnancy Loss
- Ectopic Pregnancy vs Early Gestation
- Review Policies, Procedures, Protocols, Paper work,
- Review Legal and Ethical Issues
- Review Interesting Cases
- Communicating as Nurses with Love and Compassion
- Lectures with PowerPoint presentation that includes live ultrasound clips
- You-tube videos
- Interpretive sessions of normal and abnormal images
- Multiple “one on one” scanning sessions
- Educational books, manuals and DVD’s
- Webinars coming soon
Meet The Team
(There will be pictures of each team person that I will send.)
Shari Richard, RDMS: Founder of SWI/Unborn.com in 1990
Emily Brueggeman, RDMS: Partner of SWI/Unborn.com
Robin McNab, RDMS: Lead Sonographer at Frist Choice Pregnancy Services
Tammy Halladay: RN,BSN: Nurse Sonographer at First Choice Pregnancy Services
Pam Caylor: Executive Director of First Choice Services
(this quote goes under Pams picture)
“We are so excited to have you come to First Choice to further your training! We pray God gives you all you need to help fulfill His call for you! First Choice is a great place to hone your skills, as we are always busy and always have Abortion Minded clients. Welcome!”
20- 22 & May 22-24,
Las Vegas, NV at First Choice Pregnancy Services
Location of Training:
860 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89104 (702) 294-2273
Cost of Training:
3 Day Ultrasound Refresher Course: $450 pp and any RDMS are FREE.
Suggested Hotel Near Training:
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino 3000 Paradise Road Las Vegas, NV 89109 Resort Phone: 702-732-5111 Prices averages $102 per night plus $25.00 resort fee. The resort is only 1 mile from the training. If you desire to share a room or uber please let Shari know.
For non-gaming hotels in Vegas go to Marriot.com/Las Vegas. Many of these hotels were booked or very expensive because of a large convention scheduled that week.
McCarran International Airport which is 3.5 miles from minutes from First Choice Services and Westgate Resort.
Transportation is not provided from the airport to or from the hotel. We recommend Uber, taxi or rental car. If you do not wish to rent a car and would like to share uber transportation from the hotel to the training please let Shari know.
Class A: Monday – Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class B: Wednesday – Friday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
(On Wednesday and Friday students can leave any time after 3:00 PM if needed to catch flights. Please let instructor know at time of training.)
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks are provided. Dinners are on your own.
Questions?? Contact Shari Richard, RDMS at email@example.com or
What Are they Saying??
When asked what was your perception of the training strong points, participants responded:
“The Absolute Best!” “Shari and Robin were both patient and made learning fun”. “following the refresher course, I personally felt that my knowledge base has increased and ammore aware of the techniques needed to obtain quality images.”.“PowerPoint presentation with live videos embedded” “lots of hands-on instruction with models” “encouraging and knowledgeable instructors with lots of patience” “loved the variety of teaching methods” “Shari’s personal testimony and compassion for the ministry” “The training materials such as the DVDs, manual, Power Point and you tube videos allow for ongoing education and reference material”.”The on-going support from the instructors.” “Shari and Robin show such amazing excitement and enthusiasm for teaching ultrasound, combined with extraordinary compassion.” “The prayer and fellowshiphas encouraged and revived God’s purpose in my life.”