2020 Ultrasound Courses for New Nurses & Refreshing Skills
Located at First Choice Pregnancy Services
Class A: Jan. 6 - 8, 2020
Class B: Jan. 8 - 10, 2020
Class C: Jan. 6 - 10, 2020
Class A: Mar. 30 - Apr. 1, 2020
Class B: Apr. 1 - 3, 2020
Class C: Mar. 30 - Apr. 3, 2020
Class A: Oct. 12 - 14, 2020
Class B: Oct.14 - 16, 2020
Class C: Oct. 12 - 16, 2020
As a new or experienced sonographer it is important to keep your skills updated and reviewed by a qualified RDMS. The art of scanning requires cultivation and time to be perfected AWHONN and SDMS require that one stays competent in their area of practice through continuing education. The 3-Day Refresher Course is designed to improve image optimization, interpretation and scanning skills. For new nurses an additional 50-75 scans will be needed and verified by an RDMS until competency is completed and certified. Our staff can provide additional on-site supervised scanning instructions or your nurses can return to FCPC. (For new nurses contact Shari for the program and schedule.) The staff and associates are licensed skilled sonographers, medical professionals and educators trained in the Pregnancy Center setting. The course is compliant with the AWHONN, AGOG, SDMS, AIUM guidelines and recommended by the National Pregnancy Organizations of Care Net and Heartbeat. For more information on our 25 year history go to UNBORN.COM.
- 20 hours of hands-on and didactic instruction by skilled Registered Sonographers (RDMS's)
- Class kept small and limited to 4 students per system to assure plenty of one-on-one scan time.
- Class A & B combined on Wednesday morning for didactic review of abnormal cases and open discussion for questions and concerns.
- Class A & B combined Wednesday afternoon for discussion and ideas of educating and ministering to the client.There will be time for encouragement, fellowship, prayer and worship. Class A can dismiss from afternoon as needed for travel and commitments.
- Each student is given a competency exam and review at the conclusion of the training to assess the individuals knowledge and scanning skills.
- Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Course.
- Sonographers available for ongoing support and review of scans.
- Any RDMS who desires to work with a center or nurse can attend any part of the training at no cost but still must register. Instructions for PCC’s protocol and instruction will be provided to the RDMS.
- CEU’s are pending approval for future courses. Each student will receive be provided with free access to future on-line courses at the time the CEU’s are approved.
- Review of Anatomy and Landmarks
- Image Optimization & System Instrumentation
- Transducer Orientation and Manipulation
- Review of Trans-vaginal Techniques
- 2nd Trimester Imaging Techniques
- Identification of Unknown Structures
- Defining and Interpretation of the Report and Image .
- What Determines the Viability of the Pregnancy?
- Clinical and Sonographic signs of Threatened Pregnancy Loss
- Ectopic Pregnancy vs Early Gestation
- Review Policies, Procedures, Protocols and Paper Work
- Review Legal and Ethical Issues
- Review Interesting Cases
- Communicating as Nurses with Love and Compassion
- Lectures with PowerPoint presentation that includes live ultrasound clips
- You-tube videos
- Interpretive sessions of normal and abnormal images
- Multiple “one on one” scanning sessions
- Educational books, manuals and DVD’s
- Webinars and Virtual DVR's coming soon
Meet The Team
Las Vegas, NV at First Choice Pregnancy Services
Location of Training:
860 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89104
Cost of Training:
3 Day Course: $449 pp, 5 Day Course: $799 pp. Class size is limited to 15 students to assure plenty of one on one scan time. All RDMS’s are FREE but need to register and can attend any part of the training. For the balance of payment above $449, please send checks to unborn.com
To pay for your registration online, please click the button below:
Due to a large convention the week of January 6th, 2020 training there is limited vacancy in the area. We therefore have reserved a spacious time share villa at the Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort located at 5625 W. Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89103 1-800-611-2863. wgflamingobay.com To share the villa contact Shari Richard, firstname.lastname@example.org 248-496-2183.
McCarran International Airport is approximately 3.5 miles from First Choice Pregnancy Services, and Flamingo Bay Resort.
Transportation is not provided from to or from the hotel or training. We recommend uber, taxi or rental car. If you do not wish to rent a car and would like to share uber transportation from the hotel to the training please indicate on the registration form or inform Shari. Lax Express provides shuttles to and from the airport. One way ticket is $12.00 or 2 way $24.00. Call 702-878-4141.
Class A: Monday – Wednesday 9 AM - 5 PM
Class B: Wednesday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
Class C: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
(On Wednesday and Friday students can leave any time after 3 PM if needed to catch flights. Please let instructor know at time of training.)
Lunch, morning and afternoon snacks are provided. Dinners are on your own.
Shari Richard, email@example.com 248-496-2183
FCPS/Pam Caylor, firstname.lastname@example.org 702-271-6607
What are They Saying?
When asked what was your perception of the training, participants responded:
“The Absolute Best!” “Shari and Robin were both patient and made learning fun.” “Following the refresher course, I personally felt that my knowledge base has increased and I am more aware of the techniques needed to obtain quality images.” “Nice Power Point presentation with live videos embedded!” “Lots of hands-on instruction with models.” “Encouraging and knowledgeable instructors with lots of patience.” “Loved the variety of teaching methods!” “Loved Shari’s personal testimony and compassion for the ministry.” “The training materials such as the DVDs, manual, Power Point and YouTube videos allow for ongoing education and reference material.” ”The ongoing support from the instructors is so need and appreciated.” “Shari and Robin show amazing excitement and enthusiasm for teaching ultrasound combined with extraordinary compassion.” “The prayer and fellowship has encouraged and revived God’s purpose in my life.”
"The eyewitness of ultrasound is the window to the heart
and speaks the universal language to the soul."
Submit your review
Shari is a pleasure to work with. Her mission is a noble one.