For nurses with no experience in ultrasound, desire to refresh your skills or need supervised competency completion, unborn.com is now offering 3-5 day hands-on training that will always be available in Las Vegas & Michigan with a month notice.
Hands On: 2-5 days with month
notice and registration
On Line Didactics:
Class A: July 19-21,2021
Class B: July 21-24, 2021
On Line Didactics
Retreat at Shari’s Lake House:
July 23-25, 2021
As a new or experienced Sonographer it is important to keep your skills updated and reviewed by a qualified RDMS. The art of scanning requires cultivation and time to be perfected. AWHONN and SDMS require that one stays competent in their area of practice through continuing education. The 3-Day Refresher Course is designed to improve image optimization, interpretation and scanning skills. For new nurses additional scans will be needed and verified by an RDMS until competency is completed and certified. Our staff can provide additional on-line support and review scanning techniques upon request. The didactic portion of the course consists of 9 – 12 hours of remote training which includes recorded on-line sessions, digital workbook, PowerPoint presentation and instructional YouTube videos. This revised program will allow more time for students to learn the material and review recorded sessions at any time for refreshing skills. The hands-on sessions will focus on scanning techniques and allow for more supervised scans. The staff and associates are licensed skilled sonographers, medical professionals and educators trained in the Pregnancy Center setting. The course is compliant with the AWHONN, AGOG, SDMS, AIUM guidelines and recommended by the National Pregnancy Organizations of Care Net and Heartbeat. For more information on our 25-year history go to UNBORN.COM.
- 24 to 40 hours of hands-on and didactic instruction by skilled Registered Sonographers (RDMS’s).
- 9-12 hours of on-line didactic instruction.
- Training is structured to meet budget, time and needs.
- Recorded on-line training and YouTube videos allow medical personal to learn material on their own schedule.
- Hands-on training available in FCPC in Las Vegas for groups of 3-4 nurses with one month notice and completion of the on-line didactic class. Michigan classes are limited to 10 students with one month notice and completion of the on-line didactic class.
- Class kept small and limited to 2-3 students per system to assure plenty of scan time. Approximately 7-8 models per student each day.
- Each student is given a competency exam and review at the conclusion of the training to assess the individual’s knowledge and scanning skills.
- Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Course.
- Additional on-line support and review of scans.
- RDMS, Medical directors, volunteers and board members can attend any part of the training.
- Review of anatomy and landmarks
- Image Optimization & System Instrumentation
- Transducer Orientation and Manipulation
- Review of Trans-vaginal Techniques
- 2nd Trimester Imaging Techniques
- Identification of known and unknown structures
- Defining and interpretation of the report and image.
- What Determines the Viability of the Pregnancy?
- Clinical and sonographic signs of threatened pregnancy loss
- Signs of ectopic Pregnancy vs early gestation
- Review policies, procedures, protocols and paperwork
- Review legal and ethical Issues
- Review interesting cases
- Communicating as Nurses with love and compassion
- Lectures with PowerPoint presentation that includes live ultrasound clips
- YouTube videos
- On-Line recorded didactic training
- Multiple “one on one” scanning sessions
- Digital manual and teaching material
- Webinars and Virtual DVR’s available
HANDS-ON TRAINING LOCATIONS:
First Choice Pregnancy Services
860 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89104
AAA Pregnancy Resource Center
32080 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI 48150
Cost of Training: 3 Day Hands-on Course: $799 pp. and each additional day is $250 per day. Online Didactic Course: $449 pp. Hands-on training available in Las Vegas for groups of 3-4 nurses with a month notice. Michigan class is limited to 10 students. Class size is limited to assure plenty of scan time. Hands on training will be invoiced.
To pay for your Didactic Course registration online, please click the button below:
To pay by check, make out to Unborn.com and send to:
Attn: SHARI RICHARD
6542 Lakeshore Road
Burtchville, MI 48059
Class A: Monday – Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class B: Wednesday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Class A & B are combined on Wednesday and are all hands on for both new and refreshers.
Morning and afternoon snacks are provided. Lunch will be delivered and bill split. Dinners are on your own.
Shari Richard, email@example.com 248-496-2183
Information for Michigan Training:
AAA Pregnancy Resource Center: 32080 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI. 48150 Phone (734) 425-8060
We recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites located at 27451 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI 48150. 734-744-9888. The hotel is just 1 mile from the AAA PRC and about 45 minutes from the airport. You can choose to uber or rent a car. Breakfast buffet is available and pool open.
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is about 30 minutes to the hotel and AAA Pregnancy Resource Center. Transportation is not provided to or from the airport or hotel. We recommend uber, taxi or rental car.
July 23-25 and September 3-5, 2021:
All are welcome to come to relax and fellowship at Shari’s lake home in Lake Port, MI. Her home can sleep 9 and for the campers we have a tent that can sleep up to 10. There will be no charge but donations will be accepted. For those who wish to stay in a hotel or reserve a cabin, nearby accommodations are available. Please RSVP (248-496-2183) by July 9, 2021. More information to follow.
Information for Las Vegas Training:
First Choice Pregnancy Service: 860 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89104 (702) 935-5200
We recommend staying at the Alexis Park All Suites Resort for a quiet non-gaming atmosphere. It is located at 375 E. Hamon Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89169/ 702-796-3300/ Alexis.com. The airport is only 2 miles and you can uber to the hotel and center to avoid renting a car.
McCarran International Airport is approximately 3.5 miles from First Choice Pregnancy Services and only 1 mile from the Alexis Park All suites resort. Call about shuttle services.
What Are They Saying about UnbornCom 2020 and 2021 Ultrasound Trainings?
When asked what was your perception of the training, participants responded with 5-star ratings:
“ Shari was very kind, knowledgeable and passionate about her work in this ministry. Thanks again for coming out to our center!”
“I thoroughly enjoyed my hands-on training in Las Vegas last January, 2020. Shari was a wonderful, Godly instructor who truly has a passion for women and their unborn children. She and Robin were kind, caring, patient and informative, and it was evident that they wanted each one of us to be successful with the skills that we were obtaining. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to train with Shari and Robin and be a part of her program.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed my limited OB sonogram training in Las Vegas (August 2020) and zoom classes in July 2020. She is passionate about the unborn and carries this ministry to its highest potential. Thank you, Shari!”
“Shari is positive and supportive through both the didactic and hands on training. The videos and material for the on-line didactic course were very professional and informative. It is amazing how operator dependent ultrasound procedures are but she inspires the confidence necessary for learning and provides ongoing support when needed.”
“Our centers are in western rural Washington state. Our patient traffic is relatively low, so I love being able to send our RNs to a training where they have the opportunity to perform many scans in a short period of time. Repetition helps any new learning process and engenders confidence in the practitioner. Shari is a patient and competent teacher. Thanks!”
“Practical in Las Vegas August 13-15 2020. This was an excellent facility with lots of patients allowing me to get lots of hands-on experience. Shari is a wonderful teacher who is patient and encouraging. Her instructions are clear, and she makes it seem so easy. She probed my mind with questions to help me figure out what I am seeing and how I can improve. She has a wealth of knowledge. She is easy to talk to and has a real ability to connect with the patients. What an awesome work she is doing! All the staff in Las Vegas are wonderful and helpful! I worked with Tammy and Robin. It was helpful to observe and learn from different people as it expanded my knowledge base. I picked up different techniques and valuable information from each of them.”
“The eyewitness of ultrasound is the window to the heart and speaks the universal language to the soul.” Shari Richard, RDMS