Competency Test 1st Trimester
The SWI/UNBORN.COM Limited Ultrasound Course
For 1st Trimester Competency Test
Applying U/S Basics and Physics
- Obtain pertinent patient history
- Hold transducer correctly & recognize proper orientation of the transducer to the anatomy being reviewed
- Correctly adjust focal zones, frequency, depth and gain settings to ensure the best resolution of the image
- Recognize basic knob-logy of the controls needed to perform all functions of the U/S exam
Image and Label Appropriate Anatomy & Measurements
- Image/label in the sagital plane the lower uterine segment, including the vaginal canal, cervix, bladder and uterine contents. (GS, CRL, NO IUP, Uterine Pathology) Label as SAG ML
- In the sagital plane, sweep through the uterus to the Rt. & Lt. adnexa to demonstrate an IUP Pregnancy vs Ectopic.
- In the transverse plane, sweep inferior to superior to demonstrate vaginal and cervical canal, uterus. Continue to sweep until out of the fundus. Image and label mid transverse uterus.
- Magnify or zoom into the fundus of the uterus to demonstrate GS, CRL, Yolk Sac, Endometrium or abnormal finding in uterus.
- Measure and document the gestational age.
- Demonstrate heart rhythm with M-mode and measure BPM
- Take Proper Images for the reading Physician Sag/ML/Trans of uterus/ +/- heartbeat/Fetal lie/ growth measurements
- Recognize and image the signs of a missed, complete or threatened AB and the signs of an ectopic pregnancy. For additional images for pathology consult your medical physician
- Print pictures of the baby to give to Mom.
- Prepare final report and images for the reading physician
- Understand the procedures of your PCC for follow up, normal and abnormal ultrasound findings.
Competency Test Results:
Trainee Name:_________________ Date: ________________
Initial Instructor/Trainee_______________ Date:_________________
Final Instructor:______________________ Date:________________
Submit your review